Welcome to the BWC! We're delighted that you've found us!
Use this site to discover more about our group and its members.
The Bahrain Writers' Circle was formed early 2011 and is especially for writers and authors (or indeed budding writers and authors!) based in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
It warmly welcomes writers of any age, any genre, whether published or not. Whether 16 or 60, a professional writer writing for a living, or still waiting to see your first few words in print, The BWC welcomes anyone and everyone interested in the written word. Our members include authors, poets, bloggers, journalists, magazine editors, freelance writers, commissioned writers, coaches, reporters and publishers.
So whatever your field, and whether you are an experienced writer or a novice, join us now! All writers and budding writers based on this little island welcome!
Looking forward to seeing you at a meeting soon!
Robin, Rohini, David and the BWC Team!
The BWC aims to be a significant feature for both Arab and foreign writers based in Bahrain and is undeniably the biggest group of international writers to have ever been formed on the island!
The reasons for forming the BWC are mainly;
- To get fellow writers and authors together once a month to talk informally about writing. We focus on different topics every month which could include novel and short-story writing, writing for children, magazine writing, freelancing, genre-specific writing, getting published, research, editing, proofing your work etc.
- To invite guest speakers e.g. publishers, well-known local writers, magazine editors, journalists to talk about their speciality and / or to read extracts from their work.
- Network with other like-minded souls fascinated by the written word!
- To organise writing and poetry, workshops, festivals and projects.
- To act as a go-between local writers and publishers.
- To promote writing and the written word on the island!
- To publish an online magazine for writers about writing
We normally meet as a group on the SECOND Sunday of every month.
We also run creative writing and poetry workshops, and have lots of other events planned throughout the year including a poetry festival. Go to EVENTS for further details, dates and venues. To join the BWC click HERE
My Beautiful Bahrain
A collection of short stories and poetry and life and living in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
In bookshops from the 5th May 2012 and the FASTEST selling book of its kind on the island!
Click HERE for further details!
An online magazine for writers and budding writers everywhere!
Helping writers achieve their goals and dreams of getting published.